Children's Garden & Education
Birthday Parties for Children
Calendar of Events
Celebrate your child’s special day in the Children’s Garden at Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden. Our Birthday Party package provides a 45 minute reserved program that includes a guided garden experience for children ages 3-12 lead by an LGBG Play Pal. For more information and to reserve a Birthday Party, phone the Children's Education Assistant at 262-9887, ext.322.
Birthday Parties are staged on select Saturdays of each month April – October, 2015.
Reservations must be made at least two weeks before the scheduled party date.
2015 dates are:
- April 11 and 25
- May 2 and 16
- June 6 and 20
- July 11 and 18
- August 1 and 15
- September 5 and 19
- October 3 and 17
Birthday Party Sessions Available
10:30 a.m. - noon
1:00 - 2:30 p.m.
Package Price of $250 ($225 member) includes*:
- Garden admission for 15 children and 5 adults.
- Four 6’ tables and 20 chairs for cake or cupcakes and beverages.
- One 6’ table for craft activity
- 45 minute Garden Explorers program and craft activity lead by an LGBG Play Pal.
- 45 minutes of Tent Time, for refreshments and presents, provided and supervised by the host family.
- Unlimited free time to enjoy the Children’s Garden.
- 15 ice cream cups
- 15 Garden Starter goodie bags
The Children’s Garden is an active learning environment, full of things to see and do.
No additional entertainment (clowns, magicians, puppeteers, pinatas) or decorations (banners, balloons, streamers) are permitted or needed! When the temperature is 70 degrees or higher between April 18 and September 30, plan to enjoy the WaterPlay area; instruct your guests to bring a towel or wear clothes and water shoes that can get wet!
Host Family Responsibilities:
- Issue invitations, including the start and end time of the party, with instructions that the pick-up point at the conclusion of the party is the Robins Visitors Center.
- Assemble guests in the Atrium of the Robins Visitors Center. Your Play Pal will meet you in the Atrium and lead guests as a group to the Children’s Garden.
- Provide 5 adults (included in the package price) to supervise children and assist the Play Pal during guided activities.
- Provide birthday cake or cupcakes and beverages (we suggest juice boxes). Picnics are allowed in the picninc area of the Children's Garden only - no glass containers, alcohol, or third party food allowed.
- Party trays for purchase in advance are available upon request.
- Provide any paper/plastic products needed (tablecloths, table decorations, plates, cups, napkins, and utensils). Families often find it helpful to bring a wagon to transport items to the Children’s Garden. Please bring items that do not require refrigeration; there is no option for refrigeration at the Children’s Garden.
- Gather and remove belongings from the tent area at the end of your reserved time period.
Full payment by credit card (VISA, MasterCard or Discover) is required at the time of reservation.
Garden Parties are staged rain or shine. Come dressed for the weather. In the event of a thunderstorm, Garden policy is to help guests seek appropriate shelter. We will work with the host family to reschedule any party that is interrupted due to a thunderstorm.
Contact the Children's Education Assistant by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (804) 262-9887, ext. 322. Reservations are confirmed by letter once the credit card transaction has been verified. Reservations must be made at least two weeks before the scheduled party date.
*Any party to exceed 20, including children and adults, or require additional set-up can not be accommodated in the Children’s Garden and is considered a facility rental event. For more information please contact Facility Rental at 262-9887 ext. 224.
Reservations may be cancelled by the Garden at any time due to non-payment. Reservations cancelled by the client are subject to the following penalties: prior to 30 days before the scheduled program, the client forfeits 25% of the full payment. Within 30 days of the programs, the client forfeits the full payment.
Contributions to the Children’s Garden:
Your family may request that, in lieu of birthday presents, contributions be made to the Children’s Garden Circle of Friends. For more information, contact our Development Manager at 262-9887, ext. 311.