Events & Exhibits
Calendar: Event Details
|July 4; 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm|
All-American Fourth of July Celebration
Garden open 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. with FREE admission; activities in Children's Garden 1 - 4 p.m.
Garden Admission is FREE on July 4! (ONLY)
The Garden is open 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. with scheduled activities in the Children's Garden from 1 - 4 p.m.
Guests are invited to wear red, white and blue and bring wagons and strollers to decorate for a "parade" in the Children's Garden at 2 p.m. Enjoy music by the Happy Lucky Combo, WaterPlay and fun activities.
The Butterflies LIVE! exhibit is also open this day from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
PLANNING YOUR VISIT
- The Garden is excited to be able to offer FREE ADMISSION on July 4. We anticipate great interest and have plans in place to help accommodate guests. Your patience is greatly appreciated on this day when we have lots of activity!
- Much of the Garden is an outdoor walking experience, so please dress appropriately with comfortable shoes and clothing. You may also want to bring a hat and wear sunscreen. The Garden's Library will be open (10 a.m. - 4 p.m.) as a cooling station and will be showing a butterfly video. The Garden Shop will also be open 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- A limited number of wheelchairs and strollers are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- We are a botanical garden and not a park, so there are certain activities that are not permitted, for instance picnicking. Learn more with these Garden Guidelines for a Great Visit.
- As you leave, pick up a handout with information about how to attract butterflies to your home garden. On the back is a coupon for Sunburnt ® gel, because although butterflies love the sun, sometimes people need a little after-sun relief.
FOOD & DRINK
- The Garden Cafe is open 10 a.m. - 4 pm.
- The Tea House is open 11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- There are snack machines located in the Children's Garden.
- Ice Cream Connection will be selling ice cream and water in the Children's Garden from 1 - 4 p.m.
- Bottled water will be available for purchase at the information table ($1)
- Water stations will also be available in front of the Conservatory/Butterflies LIVE! exhibit and in the Children's Garden.