Events & Exhibits
Calendar: Event Details
Anniversary Symposium & CVNLA Short Course: Gardening in an Era of Climate Change
February 4, 5 & 6, 2009
Click Here for a full agenda (Draft).
Are we really living in an era of extreme changes in climate? Or are green industries re-examining horticultural best practices in light of an always-changing climate? This symposium/short course focuses on how design and operational practices can serve as models for sustainability and environmental stewardship and turn today’s horticultural challenges into tomorrow’s opportunities.
An event for green business owners and their staffs, landscape architects and designers, master gardeners, and seasoned home gardeners.
• Allan Armitage on industry changes and sustainable practices
• Felder Rushing on gardening innovations
• James Urban on soil remediation and urban tree systems
• Richard Bir on woody landscape plants
• Kennon Williams on shaping the land for natural hydrology
•8: Public Health
•10: Research and Demonstration
•60: Registered Technician
•91: Private Ornamental Production
•2-year credit for all-day attendance on Friday, February 6
The deadline for registration is 5 p.m., Friday, January 30, 2009.
Please scroll down for online registration.