Calendar of Events
Group Dining and Tour Packages
The group dining package is designed for groups of 15 people or more and includes admission, guided tour, meal, and taxes and gratuity. (GardenFest of Lights group dining is a separate feature; learn more about GardenFest Dinners.)
Click here for a printer-friendly group dining pdf.
The group dining package features:
- Admission to the Garden which features the mid-Atlantic’s only classically styled Conservatory and more than 40 acres of spectacular display gardens.
- A guided tour with a trained Garden Guide may be scheduled before or after dining; the tour time is approximately one hour – see the Guided Tour options for more information.
- Semi-private dining in one of the Garden’s beautiful facilities (facility will depend on space available and is determined by the Garden). This package is offered Monday – Sunday with two seating times - 11:30 am or 1:30 pm - for groups of 15 or more and is not suitable for events such as bridal showers and luncheons, wedding receptions, family reunions, meetings, or other gatherings that require a speaker or music, as you may be seated with other groups.
- One hour and fifteen minutes of dining time, so please ensure that your group arrives on time; no adjustments to seating times are available when a group arrives late.
- Preset dining using round tables with 8 chairs or classroom style; no customized setup is offered with this program.
- Indoor Exhibits. Visit Ginter Gallery 1 in the Robins Visitors Center to see amazing art created by Henrico County school children, and Ginter Gallery 2 in the Education and Library and Complex to view the latest botanically themed art exhibit.
All Choices : $26
Turkey and Havarti with Cranberry Relish on Whole Grain Bread
Tarragon Chicken Salad on Croissant
Honey Ham and Swiss with Dijonnaise on Rye Bread
Pasta Salad or Chips (chef’s choice); Fresh Fruit Cup; Brownies
Beverage: 12 oz. Coca Cola, Diet Coke, Sprite or Bottled Water
Seasonal Soup and Salad: $27
This buffet celebrates the finest the season has to offer with two homemade soups; salad bar with more than 15 items; bread; dessert; iced tea and coffee.
Garden Medley Quiche & Fruit: $29
A delightful buffet assortment with two varieties of seasonal quiches; salad; fresh fruit; bread; dessert; iced tea and coffee.
Savory Lunch Buffet: $31
Build your own lunch from a choice of two salads; grilled chicken with fresh steamed vegetables; pasta or potato salad; bread; dessert; iced tea and coffee.
Victorian Tea: $27
Tea Sandwiches: Pimento Cheese, Chicken Salad, Cucumber
Potted Shrimp Dip with Crackers; Cheese and Fruit Platter; Scones with Cream and Jam; Lemon Butter Cookies/ Pecan Bars; an assortment of freshly brewed teas and lemonade.
Asian Tea: $27
Ginger Shrimp Toast; Tea Eggs with Sea Salt; Mahogany Sesame Chicken Bites; Snow Peas with Wasabi Mayonnaise Dip; Almond Cookies/Coconut Macaroons; an assortment of Asian teas and Sparkling Water.
Terms and Conditions
Meals: This service is offered for groups of 15 or more and includes semi-private dining for one hour and fifteen minutes (Garden determines location based on space available). This service is offered Monday – Sunday at 11:30 am or 1:30 pm and is not suitable for events such as bridal luncheons and showers, wedding receptions, family reunions or groups planning to have a meeting, speaker or music, as there may be multiple groups dining together at the same seating time.
Menu: The menu chosen for this reservation is listed on the confirmation letter attached. Please contact the registrar immediately at (804) 262-9887, ext. 322, if this is not the correct menu option.
Room Setup: The room will be preset using either round tables and 8 chairs or classroom style when located in the education wing of the Education and Library Complex. Customized setups are not available.
Guest Check-in/Admission Stickers: The client must check in at the admissions desk in the Atrium of the Robins Visitors Center to either meet a Garden Guide for a guided tour or to verify location for the meal, and to pick up admission stickers for the group.
Deposits: A $100 deposit paid by MC or VISA is required at the time of booking to guarantee a client's reservation. The deposit will be applied to the total amount due. For organizations required to pay by check, the Garden must receive the deposit payment within one week of booking to guarantee a reservation.
Payment: A final minimum headcount and payment is due 7 business days prior to the event. Clients may add additional guests only up to 2 business days prior to the event and payment for additional guests must be made at that time. No changes may be made to final headcount less than 2 business days prior to the event. Client must contact the registrar at (804) 262-9887, ext. 322, to make final payment and process additional guests. No refunds are offered after the minimum headcount is received 7 business days prior to the event.
Cancellation: Reservations may be cancelled by the Garden at any time due to non-payment of deposits or fees or cancellation of the guided tour. The Garden reserves the right to offer a shortened or adjusted event if the group has a late arrival; event fees are not adjusted due to late arrival. The Garden may cancel an event for any group arriving over 30 minutes late.
Reservations cancelled by the client may be subject to the following penalties:
Prior to 30 days, the client forfeits 25% of the deposit amount.
Within 30 days (but before 96 hours) of the event the client forfeits the full deposit amount ($100).
Within 96 hours of the event, the client is responsible for the full amount of the scheduled program.
Disclaimers: Prices may change, but not once a party is booked.
If you have any questions about group dining or guided tours, please contact the registrar at (804) 262-9887, ext. 322. Thank you for your interest in Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden!
The Garden also provides private meeting and dining experiences through a facility rental. These types of events do include a rental fee. To learn more, call (804) 262-9887, ext. 345 or 224, or email email@example.com.