Birthday Parties in the Children's Garden
Celebrate your child’s birthday at Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden!
Party packages are designed for children ages 5-12. Party guests will dive into fun hands-on activities led by a Play Pal in the Children’s Garden and each creates a special keepsake to take home. Between April 20th and September 30th, when the temperature is 70 degrees or higher, plan to enjoy WaterPlay; Bring towels and wear clothes and water shoes that can get wet!
To book a kids birthday party package, please call (804) 262-9887 x322. Reservations must be made at least two weeks before the scheduled party date.
Availability and Pricing
Birthday parties are offered on select Saturdays in 2015:
- April 11 and 25
- May 2 and 16
- June 6 and 20
- July 11 and 18
- August 1 and 15
- September 5
- October 3 and 17
Birthday party program times:
- 10:30 a.m. – noon
- 1-2:30 p.m.
Package Price of $250 ($225 member) includes:
- Garden admission for 15 children and 5 adults*
- 15 ice cream cups
- 15 Garden goodie bags
- 45-minute hands-on Garden program including a take-home craft, led by a Play Pal
- 45 minutes of Tent Time for refreshments and presents, supervised by the host family
- Unlimited free time to enjoy the Children’s Garden
- Four 6’ tables and 20 chairs for cake /cupcakes and beverages
*Any party to exceed 20, including children and adults, or requiring additional setup cannot be accommodated in the Children’s Garden and is considered a facility rental event. For more information please contact Facility Rental at 262-9887 ext. 224.
Additional Birthday Party Details
Host Family Responsibilities:
- Greet and assemble guests in the Atrium of the Robins Visitors Center. The Children’s Garden Play Pal will meet you there and escort your party to the Children’s Garden.
- Provide 5 adults (included in the package price) to supervise children and assist the Play Pal during guided activities.
- Provide birthday cake/cupcakes and beverages. Please note:
- No glass containers, alcohol, or third party food allowed.
- Party food trays are available for purchase from the Garden’s caterer in advance, upon request.
- There is no access to refrigeration for food or beverages.
- Picnicking is only allowed in the picnic area of the Children’s Garden.
- Provide paper/plastic products (tablecloths, table decorations, plates, cups, napkins, and utensils).
- Provide a means to transport cake, beverages, and gifts through the Garden. Many families bring a wagon.
- Gather and remove belongings from the tent area at the end of your reserved time period.
- No additional entertainment (clowns, magicians, puppeteers, piñatas) or decorations (banners, balloons, streamers) are permitted.
Contact the Children’s Education Assistant by e-mail, [email protected], or call (804) 262-9887 x322. Reservations are confirmed by letter once the credit card transaction has been verified. Reservations must be made at least two weeks before the scheduled party date.
Full payment by credit card (VISA or MasterCard) is required at the time of reservation.
Garden Parties are staged rain or shine. Come dressed for the weather. In the event of a thunderstorm, Garden policy is to help guests seek appropriate shelter. We will work with the host family to reschedule any party that is interrupted due to a thunderstorm.
Reservations may be cancelled by the Garden at any time due to non-payment. Reservations cancelled by the client are subject to the following penalties: prior to 30 days before the scheduled program, the client forfeits 25% of the full payment. Within 30 days of the programs, the client forfeits the full payment.
Contributions to the Children’s Garden:
Your family may request that, in lieu of birthday presents, contributions be made to the Children’s Garden Circle of Friends. For more information, contact our Development Manager at 262-9887, ext. 311.