Special Collections at Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden
Our Garden maintains collections of art in many formats, located both indoors and out.
- One of our most intriguing collections is original watercolor drawings by Alexandre Descubes. Over fifty of the unique drawings are on permanent display in our café dining area.
- Our collection of porcelains by Patrick O’Hara was commissioned for the Garden by Lora Robins and are on display in the library.
- Two bronze blue heron sculptures by Virginia artist Jason Napier grace the library.
- The imposing granite Slow Dance sculpted by Charles Foster makes a large impression in the Flagler Garden.
- Have you noticed the weather vane over the Tea House? It’s a metal peacock by local artist Paul Teeples.
- Local artist Andras Bality spent a year in the Garden capturing seasonal changes. Six of his paintings hang in the library.
- Other special collections include slides and herbarium specimens.
While we exhibit some pieces at all times, many of our collections can by viewed by request only. Contact the library at [email protected], or call 804-262-9887 x240.