Special Collections at Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden
Our Garden maintains collections of art in many formats, located both indoors and out.
- One of our most intriguing collections is original watercolor drawings by Alexandre Descubes. Over fifty of the unique drawings are on permanent display in our café dining area.
- Our collection of porcelains by Patrick O’Hara was commissioned for the Garden by Lora Robins and are on display in the library.
- Two bronze blue heron sculptures by Virginia artist Jason Napier grace the library.
- The imposing granite Slow Dance sculpted by Charles Foster makes a large impression in the Flagler Garden.
- Have you noticed the weather vane over the Tea House? It’s a metal peacock by local artist Paul Teeples.
- Local artist Andras Bality spent a year in the Garden capturing seasonal changes. Six of his paintings hang in the library.
- Other special collections include slides and herbarium specimens.
While we exhibit some pieces at all times, many of our collections can by viewed by request only. Contact the library at email@example.com, or call 804-262-9887 x240.