Calendar of Events
LEWIS GINTER BOTANICAL GARDEN AWARDED
“TOP 10 NORTH AMERICAN GARDEN
WORTH TRAVELLING FOR”
AND RECOGNIZED BY TRAVEL CHANNEL AS ONE OF
“BEST BOTANICAL GARDENS IN THE U.S.”
RICHMOND, VA – Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden in Richmond, Va., has been selected as one of the “Top 10 North American Gardens Worth Travelling For” by the Canadian Garden Tourism Council and a panel of international judges. The award was presented on March 19, 2013, as part of the 2013 Garden Tourism Awards in Toronto, Canada.
The annual Garden Tourism Awards are presented to organizations and individuals who have distinguished themselves in the development and promotion of the garden experience as a tourism attraction. BBC.com/Travel featured a slideshow of the award-winning gardens on its website. They included:
- Atlanta Botanical Garden. Atlanta, Georgia
- The Butchart Gardens. Brentwood Bay (Victoria), British Columbia
- Chanticleer. Wayne, Pennsylvania
- Filoli Gardens. Woodside, California
- Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden. Richmond, Virginia
- Missouri Botanical Garden. St. Louis, Missouri
- Montreal Botanical Garden. Montreal, Quebec.
- Portland Japanese Garden. Portland, Oregon
- Springs Preserve. Las Vegas, Nevada
- Vallarta Botanical Gardens. Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
In an unrelated story, Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden was recognized by the Travel Channel as one of the 12 “Best Botanical Gardens in the U.S.”
Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden’s mission is education and its passion is bringing people and plants together to improve communities.
# # #