Dominion GardenFest of Lights
Calendar of Events
DOMINION GARDENFEST OF LIGHTS BY THE NUMBERS
- 20: how many years there has been a “GardenFest"
- 17: how many years Dominion has been a sponsor. (Support is provided through The Dominion Foundation, the company’s philanthropic arm, and they are currently the title sponsor.)
- 500,000+: number of lights in the show.
- 21+: number of miles of light strands used.
- 150+: number of lighted forms in the display.
- 2 months: how long it takes to install the lights.
- 10: number of staff working 20 - 60 hours a week on GardenFest (Oct. 1 - Thanksgiving).
- 200: number of volunteers helping prepare for GardenFest, working 3,976 hours (total).
- 44: number of nights of Dominion GardenFest of Lights.
GardenFest runs 5-10 p.m. daily except for Dec. 24 and 25 at the non-profit Garden located at 1800 Lakeside Ave., Richmond. .
Dominion (NYSE: D) is one of the nation's largest producers and transporters of energy. The Dominion Foundation is dedicated to improving the physical, social and economic well being of the communities served by Dominion companies. Dominion and the Dominion Foundation annually award more than $20 million to causes that protect the environment, promote education and help meet basic human needs. For more information, visit www.dom.com.
# # #