Top 5 Tips for Visiting Dominion Energy GardenFest of Lights During the Busy Season
It’s beginning to look a lot like…our busiest time of the season! Here are some tips visiting GardenFest during our busiest time. Thank you for your patience as we work hard to be as friendly and efficient as possible to accommodate the increase in the number of guests choosing to visit Dominion Energy GardenFest of Lights.
Here are some helpful tips:
- Buy tickets in advance. You can purchase tickets online right now. You can also purchase tickets in advance at the Garden during the day.
- Carpool! It’s always a good idea.
- Come early. You can enter the Garden at 4:30 p.m. and watch the magic as the sun sets and the lights begin to shine.
- Parking. When parking lots are full, the Garden will close the gates to incoming traffic for up to 30 minutes, allowing time for some guests to leave. If gates are closed, you may want to check out lights in nearby Lakeside/Glen Allen neighborhoods and return later.If you choose to park near the Garden and walk in, please be courteous to our neighbors and use caution: watch out for traffic, keep an eye out for children, bring a flashlight and please be aware the Garden is not responsible for traffic control off-site.
- Look at alternate routes. The Garden is on the corner of Lakeside Avenue and Hilliard Road. Traffic can back up on Lakeside Avenue south of the Garden; you may want to look at alternate routes. Nearby Brook Road (Route 1) connects to both Hilliard Road and Lakeside Avenue. Hilliard Road also turns into Glenside Avenue with access to major thoroughfares such as Staples Mill Road, Broad Street and Interstate 64.