Directions to Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden
Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden is right off Interstate 95 and is convenient to Interstates 64 and 295. Located at 1800 Lakeside Avenue in Richmond, VA, the Garden sits at the corner of Lakeside Avenue and Hilliard Road. It is just minutes north of downtown Richmond and is close to many other area attractions, accommodations and dining.
From Downtown Richmond (I-95 North)
- On I-95 North take Exit 80, the Lakeside Avenue exit.
- Keep to the right and take the right at the first light onto Lakeside Avenue. You’ll see the brown Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden sign.
- Follow Lakeside Avenue. You will see the Garden entrance just after you cross the intersection at Lakeside Avenue and Hilliard Road.
From Washington, D.C. (I-95 South)
- From I-95 South take Exit 83B, the Parham Road Rt. 73 West exit. Right before this exit you will see the brown Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden sign.
- On Parham, quickly get into your far left lane.
- At the second stoplight, take a left onto Brook Road (also known as Route 1 South).
- At the third stoplight, take a right onto Lakeside Avenue. At the light you will see a brown Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden sign.
- As you go down Lakeside Avenue, you will see the Garden entrance to your right just before you reach the Hilliard Road intersection.
From Charlottesville (I-64 East)
Come into Richmond on I-64 East. Get onto I-95 North to Washington, D.C. Follow directions for I-95 North.
From Williamsburg (I-64 West)
Come into Richmond on I-64 West. Get onto I-95 North to Washington, D.C. Follow directions for I-95 North.
If you need help with directions, please call (804) 262-9887, ext. 300.
Attend an Event or Take a Class
See what’s happening on the day you plan to visit.