Fidos After 5
Regular Garden admission. $2 suggested “pet admission” goes to Richmond SPCA.
The Garden partners with the Richmond SPCA and leashed dogs are allowed during Flowers After 5 on these special nights only (second and fourth Thursdays June – mid-September): June 11 & 25, July 9 & 23, August 13 & 27, September 10, 2020.
Please be aware this can be a stressful event for some dogs. It is at night and there can be a lot of people, especially children, and other dogs in close proximity. Families planning to attend on this night should monitor children closely.
Please read our rules and guidelines for a visiting Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden with dogs.
BEFORE YOU VISIT WITH YOUR DOG
Before attending Fidos after Five with your dog, it’s important to understand what your dog tolerates and will enjoy. Ask yourself:
- How does my dog handle being in a new environment?
- How does my dog react to close proximity to unfamiliar people and dogs of various sizes?
-All dogs must have a current rabies vaccine.
-Retractable leashes are not permitted. Flat leashes will be available to borrow from the Richmond SPCA’s table in the Robins Visitor Center.
WHILE YOU ARE HERE WITH YOUR DOG
· An adult must maintain control of the dog’s leash at all times.
· Please ask before approaching or allowing your dog to approach an unfamiliar dog.
· All dogs must be well-behaved; the Garden reserves the right to determine whether an owner and pet may be asked to leave, based on guest safety.
Please Note: We welcome dogs in the Robins Visitor Center and Conservatory, but ask that they not enter the Kelly Education Center building.
Leashed dogs allowed on Fidos nights only.
Ticketed event; $2 suggested “pet admission” benefiting the Richmond SPCA
By popular request, we are providing an extra hour of music this year with live musical performances each week from 5-8 p.m.
Fidos After 5 Music
June 11 – Antique Melody Show
June 25 – Dead Letter Officers
July 9 – Ban Caribe
July 23 – Bruce Ewan
August 13 – Paul Urban & Friends
August 27 – E3
September 10 – Dance Candy
To see more Thursday night music visit the Flowers After 5 page.