Elementary School Field Trips
Embark on a learning adventure with your students during a field trip to the Garden! Our active hour long Discovery Programs bring plant science to life while reinforcing SOL concepts and vocabulary. Programs take place entirely outdoors (rain or shine) so please encourage students and chaperones to arrive dressed for that day’s weather. Each class returns to school with a Garden Starter Kit, complete with SOL-correlated science experiments and guided observation tips to easily facilitate small group and collaborative learning opportunities. Programs must be booked at least two weeks in advance. Please call (804) 262-9887 x 322 to register.
Our Children’s Garden Group Information Guide is REQUIRED reading for any group that wants to schedule a trip to the garden. Familiarize yourself with the guide before bringing your group.
Children's Garden Group Information Guide
Discovery Programs for School Year 2018 – 2019
Availability and Pricing:
- Programs are offered Monday-Friday at 9:00 am, 10:15 am and 11:30 am.
- Two programs available at 9:00 am, three programs available at 10:15 am and 11:30 am. Up to 25 students per program.
- Cost is $9 per student; minimum group charge is $90.
- One adult per five students is required to assist during the guided program time and admitted free of charge. This includes the teacher(s).
- Additional adults are $13 and are asked to enjoy the Garden on their own during the guided program time.