Top 3 Things to Do with Children
Get a bird’s eye view of the Garden in the Klaus Family Tree House, climb high in a 100-year-old mulberry tree, explore the world in our International Village, wear your swimsuit on warm days and cool off in WaterPlay, and more.
Please see Children’s Garden Etiquette below.
2. Pick up a
Looking for a family adventure?
Grab a KidQuest and use your mapping skills to find your way to a hidden treasure in the Garden. Available at Admissions.
Come back each season – the destinations change!
What’s Happening Now in the Children’s Garden
Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden is an outside, living museum for walking tours and explorations only. There are no playground areas available for active sports or running.
Expect to spend about one to two hours in the Children’s Garden. Snacks and beverages are available for purchase in the Garden Café. Strollers are available on a first come, first served basis in the Robins Visitors Center. Strollers are generously provided by Baby Jogger.
Indoor and outdoor chairs and benches throughout the Garden offer spaces for breastfeeding. A private space can be provided if requested; please ask any staff member (indicated by a green nametag with name and title.)
The Children’s Garden provides the following:
- Restrooms with changing tables
- Water fountains
- Vending machines
Children’s Garden Etiquette
- This is YOUR Garden. Please help take care of it!
- Stay with your grown-up and show him how to have fun!
- Treat all living things with respect; please leave all plants and animals where you find them.
- Share and play gently with younger visitors.
- Please keep your shoes on.
- Walking feet and speaking voices are expected in all areas of the Garden.
- Respect the plants and animals by staying on the pathways.
- Safety must be everyone’s first concern.
- Supervise your child at all times. Unattended children will be planted!
- Everyone is welcome, especially children up to age 10.
- Play, discover and learn alongside your child.
- Enjoy snacks at tables in the Children’s Garden only.
- Restrooms are equipped with changing tables.
- Alcohol and tobacco products are not welcome in the Children’s Garden.