Children's Garden & Education
Children's Garden Group Information Guide - For Prebooked Scout Groups
Calendar of Events
Fees and Payment
• $13 per scout.
• The minimum group and no show fee is $130.
• Ticket stickers for leaders and chaperones will be included with your reservation letters.
• Additional adults will be charged regular garden admission ($12 per person). Additional adults and youth will be asked to enjoy the Garden on their own during your scheduled program time.
• Minimum payment due seven business days out and final confirmation numbers with additional fees due two business days before program.
• Select your desired program and time.
• Determine the approximate number of scouts and adults.
• Call the registrar at 804-262-9887 ext. 322 to check program availability.
• A registration letter will be emailed or mailed to you requesting additional information before your program can be confirmed.
• All programs are held rain or shine. Our no-show fee is $130.
• Rescheduling due to inclement weather is not guaranteed.
• For scheduling changes, call the registrar at 804-262-9887 ext. 322.
Leaders and Chaperones
• Leaders and chaperones are responsible for assisting the Children’s Garden educator during your scheduled program time.
• Additional adults and siblings will be asked to enjoy the Garden on their own during your scheduled program time.
• All attending adults are responsible for maintaining an educational environment during their groups’ visit by being respectful of programs in session as well as other garden visitors.
• Review Group Visit Policies with scouts and chaperones before your visit.
• During program time, limit cell phone use to emergencies ONLY.
Leaders, Chaperones and Scouts
• Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden is an outside, living museum. The Garden is for walking tours and explorations only. There are no playground areas available for active sports or running.
• Walking feet and speaking voices are expected in all areas of the Garden.
• Respect the plants and animals by staying on the pathways.
• Leave all plants and animals where you find them.
• Please arrive ten minutes before your scheduled program time to allow for walking time to the Children’s Garden.
• As our daily schedule is usually filled, late arrivals will result in a shortened program or possible cancellation.
• If you are running late on the day of your program or are unable to attend your scheduled program, please call the Children’s Garden Educators and leave a message at 804-262-9887 x239.
• All personal vehicles bringing scouts must drop-off students at the Robins Visitor Center and park in the Visitor Parking lot.
• A map with parking and scout drop-off locations is available here.
• Distribute maps to all drivers.
• The Children’s Garden is universally accessible.
• Please let us know in advance if you have scouts with special needs.
• Bring all snacks and lunches with you when you leave your vehicle.
• Eat lunch or snack in designated Picnic Area in the Children’s Garden only.
• Food service and indoor dining is available at the Garden Café daily from 10am-4pm.
• Snack and drink machines are available in the Children's Garden.
• Classes are held outside, regardless of the weather conditions.
• Leaders, scouts, and chaperones should dress for an active, outside walk.
From the North – I 95 South, Exit 83-B Parham Road West, turn left on to Route 1 south. At third traffic light turn right at Lakeside Avenue; the Botanical Garden is on your right.
From the South – I 95 north to Exit 80, Lakeside-Hermitage; turn right off ramp. At light turn right on to Lakeside Avenue. The Botanical Garden is on the left after the intersection of Lakeside and Hilliard Roads.
OR: I-195 (Powhite Expressway) north to I-95 north to exit 80.
From the East – I 64 West to I-95 North to exit 80; turn right off ramp. At light turn right onto Lakeside Avenue. The Botanical Garden is on the left after the intersection of Lakeside and Hilliard Roads.
From the West – I 64 East to I-95 North to exit 80; turn right off ramp. At light turn right on to Lakeside Avenue. The Botanical Garden is on the left after the intersection of Lakeside and Hilliard Roads.
OR: I-295 South to Woodman Road south exit; continue on Woodman to Hilliard Road. At next traffic light turn left on to Lakeside Avenue. The Botanical Garden is on the left after the intersection of Lakeside and Hilliard Roads.