Garden Programs for Adult Learners
Join Lewis Ginter for our Winter/Spring schedule of adult learning opportunities! With over 80 courses in more than 15 subject areas, there is sure to be something for everyone.
- Explore our new learning category Beekeeping, Birding and Bugs with introductory classes on beekeeping, birding and entomology.
- Make and take live plant creations home with one of our Plant Play: Make and Take Workshops.
- Bring the feeling of spring into your home with Sustainable Design Floral Centerpieces and Spring Floral Tablescapes.
- Enhance your gardening skills with classes on flowering shrubs and trees, propagation, composting, pollinator gardening, grafting and more.
- Unveil the secrets to proper orchid care and make your own Air Plant and Orchid Pots out of clay.
- Go global with our Vine to Glass wine series. First stop: The Republic of Georgia.
- Experience one of our Learning Opportunities for All, such as The History of the Black Garden.
Join our Adult Learning mailing list to stay up to date on new Adult Learning opportunities with Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden.
Explore our new offerings for in-person classes and live online synchronous programs covering a variety of subject areas. Explore the current Winter/Spring 2024 offerings!
Explore certificate programs at the Garden. For in-depth studies in Floral Design, the Garden Education Series leads to a certificate of completion. The Botanical Illustration program leads to a certificate of competence.
The Garden regularly hosts symposia on various aspects of gardening, garden design and professional issues in the green industry. These include the annual Winter Symposium and CVNLA Short Course and the biennial Landscape Design Symposium.
Enhance your knowledge by taking one of Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden’s adult guided tours for individuals. Discover seasonal highlights, explore specific areas of the Garden, learn about native plants and more with our Garden Guides.
We believe that all adults in our community should have access to plant-based, nature-focused learning opportunities. Peruse our current class offerings in this series and pay what you can.
Cancellation policy: If a class is full, your fee will be refunded to your credit card (or a check will be mailed if original payment was in the form of cash or check). If a class is not full, you will receive a Garden Credit which is good toward a future Adult Education class. Credits must be used within one year from the date of the original class.
Active Network Registration Account
Create an account or sign in to register, view current registrations, payments & course history.
Stay Up to Date with Adult Learning Classes
Join our email list to learn about new Adult Learning opportunities at Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden.