Reasons to Volunteer at Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden
Learn something new, meet interesting people, and make a difference in the community!
Already a volunteer?
Log in to VicNet
Volunteers were instrumental in the formation of Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden and volunteers continue to play a major role at the Garden today. Our 600+ volunteers work with staff in every area to make the Garden what it is today — from weeding, planting, and pruning, to welcoming guests and giving tours of our Garden.
We appreciate the valuable gift we get from all of our volunteers — the gift of time. Without volunteers, Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden could not offer the community all of the knowledge and beauty that the Garden represents.
After volunteers earn 100 hours of service (60 hours in the last calendar year) they qualify for the following benefits in the next calendar year:
- 15% discount in the Garden Shop (Be sure to wear name badge!)
- 15% discount in the Garden Cafe (Be sure to wear name badge!)
- 20% discount on gift memberships
- 15% discount on Facility Rental
- Free registration for classes on a standby basis (Does not include supply fees, if required)
- 1-year Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden membership — at your request
Our mission is education and our passion is connecting people and plants to improve the community. We’d love your help! Would you like to give back to the community, doing rewarding work as a volunteer? Learn more about our adult volunteer opportunities, and find the best match for you.
Youth (age 13-18) can give back to the community while learning. Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden has summer volunteer opportunities, service learning, a vocational program, internships and more. Learn more about these opportunities.