Garden Social Media Terms & Conditions
By using our website, you accept and agree to comply with the following terms, which Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden may change at any time.
Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden offers interactive platforms, such as the ability to comment on our blog and social media posts so that we can engage with the community. We are committed to maintaining an accessible, informative, safe and welcoming space for thoughtful discussion on related topics for people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds. The social media pages monitored by Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden are intended to be an educational public space for conversations and discussion, however personal attacks, obscenity and profanity are not allowed. The admins of this page will use their discretion to delete posts and ban users as needed. While the administrators will remove comments that do not comply with these rules, we are not responsible for any delays or failures in such removal. Our goal is to share educational content and our love of gardening. We believe in connecting people and plants to improve our community. To that end, we ask you to follow these guidelines.
Rules of Conduct
- Be kind. Kindness goes a long way. Threats of bodily, physical, or emotional harm will not be tolerated.
- Stay on topic. Make all comments and posts related to the topics at hand.
- No hate speech or bullying. Express yourself in ways that are suitable for an educational environment of all ages. We will not tolerate derogatory statements towards individuals or specific groups including based on race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexuality, religion, age, education, or physical ability. No profanity. No pornographic images or statements.
- No spamming, selling, or advertising.
- Allow reuse. Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden (and its agents) may use what you say to us for educational, or promotional purposes.
- Stay lawful. Post only what is yours to post. Do not spread malicious or harmful software or other technology. Do not suggest or encourage illegal activity.
- Take personal responsibility. These are public sites. Please do not post personal or other information you would not want the public to know, and again, do not post what is not yours to post.
- We encourage you to learn from the continuing conversation. We encourage you to share information, learn from each other, and to admit faults and/or apologize. To alert a moderator to comment, please send a direct message or email to one of the contacts below.
Failure to follow these standards may lead to your comments being hidden, deleted, or reported. Moderators may also issue a warning, or, in extreme cases, block your account.
We are committed to linking to rich resources and articles from organizations outside our own in order to share thought-provoking perspectives. We do not control the content, comments, or advertising on these sites.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions: Beth Monroe, Director of Public Relations, [email protected] or Jonah Holland, Digital Content Manager, [email protected], Claudine Reyes, Visual Media Specialist, [email protected].
Stay Connected & Follow Us!
All of our social media profiles are in the lower, right corner of this page in the footer.