High School Groups
At this time, we are not offering structured programs to High School groups. Please check out our Independent Garden Exploration offering for your visit.
Plan a self-guided visit with our Independent Garden Exploration!
An Independent Garden Exploration presents a wonderful opportunity to enhance your classroom curriculum with field studies that include scientific observation, drawing, journaling, and plant identification. Be sure to check out our Gardens and Exhibitions pages for additional information about the Garden before your visit.
Please note, the Garden will not have Butterflies LIVE! in 2024 or 2025. This is due to an expansion of the Conservatory which will result in a year-round butterfly house and additional displays and gardens. We look forward to bringing you these wonderful improvements. If you would like Butterflies LIVE! to be part of your field trip experience this year, plan to visit prior to October 10, 2023. IGE’s are available between September 18, 2023, and May 31, 2024, subject to seasonal availability.
Availability and Pricing:
- Arrival times of 9:15, 10:30, and 11:30 are offered on weekdays.
- The cost is $10 per student; payment is due on the day of your visit.
- One adult per five students is admitted free to allow for designated chaperones and teachers.
- Additional adults should pay Garden Admission.
- Pre-registered groups can bring lunch and eat in our outdoor picnic area.
To register, contact our Youth Program Logistics Coordinator, Laura Lee Folman, at [email protected] or 804.262.9887 x322 with the following:
- Your name, email address, and phone number, contact person’s information (if it is someone other than yourself)
- Your school’s name and mailing address
- Grade level(s) of students
- The total number of students who will attend
- Your top three choices of program dates in order of preference (please include the arrival time(s) you prefer as well)