Middle School Field Trips
Now accepting reservations for the 2023-24 school year. Programs are available between September 18, 2023, and May 31, 2024, subject to seasonal availability. We offer a limited number of free Middle School Programs for Title I – Schoolwide schools, available on a first-come, first-served basis.
CHANGES FOR THE 2023-24 SCHOOL YEAR:
The Garden will not have Butterflies LIVE! in 2024 or 2025. This is due to an expansion of the Conservatory which will result in a year-round butterfly house and additional displays and gardens. We look forward to bringing you these wonderful improvements. If you would like Butterflies LIVE! to be part of your field trip experience this year, plan to visit prior to October 10, 2023.
East Meets West is on hiatus this year as we build new Social Studies connected programming. Keep your eyes out for new revamped Social Studies programming next school year!
Middle School Programs
Availability and Pricing:
- Hour long programs are offered Monday-Friday at 9:15 a.m., 10:30 a.m., and 11:45 a.m.
- Three programs are available during each time slot for up to 25 students per program.
- The cost is $10 per student; the minimum group charge is $100
- One adult per five students is admitted free to be a designated chaperone. This includes the teacher(s).
- Additional adults should pay Garden Admission and are welcome to enjoy the Garden on their own during the guided program time. Please limit the number of adults accompanying each guided program to five, including teachers. Additional adults can accompany their child before and after the guided program.
- Programs take place outdoors, rain or shine. Please have everyone dress for the weather.
To register, contact our Youth Program Logistics Coordinator, Laura Lee Folman, at [email protected] or 804.262.9887 x322 with the following:
- Your name, email address, and phone number, contact person’s information (if it is someone other than yourself)
- Your school’s name and mailing address
- Which program topic you would like
- Grade level(s) of students
- The number of classes you would like to bring
- The total number of students who will attend
- Your top three choices of program dates in order of preference (please include the program time(s) you prefer as well)
Available Sep – Nov & Apr – May
Available Sept – May
Available Sept – Oct & Mar – May