Flowers After 5
Relax on Thursday evenings mid-May through mid-September at Flowers After 5. Stroll through the gardens; listen to relaxing live music, and enjoy food and drinks! (Food and drink are available for purchase; outside food and drink are not allowed to be brought into the Garden.)
- The Garden is open until 9 p.m.; music is from 5-8 p.m. and food sales end at 8 p.m.
- Guests are encouraged to bring their own lawn chairs and blankets.
- The event is rain or shine; no refunds. In cases of hazardous weather, the event would be cancelled. It’s summertime in Richmond, so we monitor the weather very closely and if there is a high likelihood of strong storms during Flowers After 5, we make the decision at noon whether or not to cancel, based on the forecast. We post the information as quickly as possible to the website and social media; it’s always a good idea to check before you come!
- This event is free for members and regular Garden admission for non-members. (Not a member? Consider joining.)
FOOD & DRINK
- Food and drinks (including wine and beer) are available for purchase. Look for a “cashless” bar with wine, beer, soft drinks and water at Bloemendaal House.
- Scroll to the bottom of this page for the Flowers After 5 Grab and Go menu.
- Outside food is not allowed to be brought into the Garden.
Listen to the band then explore our 50 acres of gardens and blooms.
- The second and fourth Thursday nights are also Fidos After 5 Nights when the Garden partners with the Richmond SPCA and leashed dogs are allowed.
Check Back for the 2023 Flowers After 5 Lineup!
Want more evenings in the Garden?
Flowers After 5 Menu
Cheese & Fruit $9
Veggies & Hummus (vegan, gf) $7
Dilled Chickpea Salad Bistro Box (vegan, gf) served with greens, crudité & grapes $11
Chicken Salad Bistro Box (gf) served with greens, crudité & grapes $12
Black Bean & Roasted Corn Salad (vegan, gf ) $10
pickled red onions & vegan avocado lime dressing
Summer Vintners (vegan, gf) $9
fresh berries, goat cheese, slivered almonds, red wine vinaigrette
Chicken salad croissant $11
Dilled chickpea salad sandwich with arugula on multigrain bread (vegan) $9
Grilled salmon on brioche with cucumber & green goddess dressing $12
Sides & Sweets
Assorted bagged chips & savory snacks $2.50
Jumbo Cookie $4
*gluten-free and vegan desserts available
Kids Meals $6
PB&J with goldfish & applesauce
Turkey & cheese roll-up with goldfish & applesauce
Bottled Beverages – water, lemonade, teas & soda $3
Wine and beer *ID required for purchase