Plan Your Visit
Garden Guidelines for a Great Visit
Calendar of Events
Gardens are special places for plants, people and wildlife; won’t you help us keep Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden safe and enjoyable for all? Here are a few guidelines to help you plan your visit.
IF THEY COULD TALK, OUR PLANTS WOULD TELL YOU PLEASE:
- Meals are not allowed to be brought into the Garden. This includes pizza, fast food and birthday cakes.
- Snacks are permitted, but we ask guests to eat at tables in the Children’s Garden.
- EXCEPTIONS: Registered school groups may bring in bag lunches to eat at tables in the Children’s Garden; birthday party rentals allow a birthday cake and juice boxes.
- PLEASE DO enjoy the Garden’s on-site food service provided by Meriwether Godsey in the Garden Café and the Tea House. Vending machines are also located for your convenience in the Children’s Garden.
- Pets are not allowed in the Garden except during special advertised times.
- Service animals are permitted at all times.
- PLEASE DO bring your leashed pet to Fidos After 5 nights (second Thursday evenings in June, July & August during Flowers After Five) and GardenFest for Fidos (first and last Thursday nights of GardenFest of Lights).
NO STEPPING IN THE PLANTING BEDS
- Please stay out of planting beds and instead use paths, walkways and lawns.
- PLEASE DO walk on the grass! We plant varieties to withstand foot traffic.
- Please do not collect live plants, seeds, flowers, fruits or vegetables.
- PLEASE DO enjoy the plants, take notes and ask our staff questions.
NO TRICYCLES, BICYCLES, SKATEBOARDS, FOOTBALLS, FRISBEES AND OTHER SPORTING ITEMS.
NO FIREWORKS, FIREARMS, ALCOHOL, OR GLASS CONTAINERS.
NO SMOKING INDOORS OR IN DESIGNATED FRESH AIR INTAKE AREAS (marked with signage).
The use of tobacco products in the Children's Garden is not allowed.
PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE GEESE AND OTHER WILDLIFE.
Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden is an outside, living museum. The Garden is for walking tours and explorations only. There are no playground areas available for active sports or running.
GUIDELINES FOR LITTLE GARDENERS
- This is YOUR Garden. Please help take care of it!
- Stay with your grown-up and show him how to have fun!
- Treat all living things with respect; please leave all plants and animals where you find them.
- Share and play gently with younger visitors.
- Please keep your shoes on.
- Walking feet and speaking voices are expected in all areas of the Garden.
- Respect the plants and animals by staying on the pathways.
GUIDELINES FOR GROWN-UP GARDENERS
- Safety must be everyone’s first concern.
- Supervise your child at all times. Unattended children will be planted!
- Everyone is welcome, especially children up to age 10.
- Play, discover and learn alongside your child.
- Enjoy refreshments at tables in the Children’s Garden only.
- Restrooms are equipped with changing tables.
- Alcohol and tobacco products are not welcome in the Children’s Garden.