For the safety and enjoyment of our guests:
- Outside food or picnics are not allowed to be brought into the Garden except for pre-registered school groups. Learn more about food service at the Garden.
- We are unable to accommodate group meetings in the Garden Café. To rent a meeting space, please contact [email protected] or call (804) 262-9887, x224 or x345.
- Pets are permitted only on specially advertised Fido’s Nights. Service animals are permitted at all times. Please read our rules and guidelines for visiting Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden with dogs.
- Please refrain from the following activities:
- Stepping in the planting beds
- Collecting live plants, seeds, flowers, fruits or vegetables
- Feeding the geese and other wildlife
- Smoking indoors, in designated fresh air intake areas, or in the Children’s Garden
- The use of drones is not allowed in the Garden and drones may not fly over Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden’s property.
Please keep the following items at home:
- Tricycles, bicycles, skateboards, and hoverboards (we have bike racks outside the Visitor Center)
- Footballs, frisbees, kites, and other sporting items
- Fireworks, firearms, alcohol, and glass containers
For artists and photographers:
- Professional portraits require a reservation and fee through the Facility Rental Office.
- Please do not leave your equipment unattended, as the Garden is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Certain venues may be unavailable due to previously scheduled events or routine maintenance.
- Please do not block main paths, set up within garden beds, or disturb the plant collections.
- If you choose to work in the Conservatory, please use a drop cloth.