Regular Garden admission
Saturday and Sunday
Enjoy activities in the Children’s Garden 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- “Make-and-takes” for mom: make a Mother’s Day card and a tissue paper flower!
- Throughout the Day — Don’t miss our regular line up of Drop and Dig the Outdoors activities on Saturday, and Garden Art on Sunday.
- WaterPlay 9 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.
New this year, in the Rose Garden 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.:
- Nosegay flower bouquets available for purchase from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Watch Artist Laura Flournoy create these mini bouquets and learn about the history of the nosegay bouquet, how they are used today and the meaning of the flowers used in them.
- Plein Air Painting – drop in and paint! – find easels and supplies awaiting your inner creative talent. Let the landscape inspire your work or use one of Laura’s bouquets for inspiration
- “Stop and Smell the Roses” Visit with Garden Guides at the Grow Cart as they share Garden information and resources.
Sunday, May 12 ONLY – Enjoy the smooth jazz sounds of Glennroy Bailey at the popular Mother’s Day concert held at the Bloemendaal House from 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. Food is also available for purchase at the Bloemendaal House from 12 p.m.-3 p.m click here for menu. Guests are welcome to bring blankets or lawn chairs but no outside food or beverage is permitted.
SOLD OUT Prix fixe Mother’s Day Brunch at the Lora Robins Tea House. Please note that admission to the Garden or Garden Membership is required in addition to your brunch. No phone reservations, please. Please arrive 30-45 minutes early for your brunch reservation.
Tips for Mother’s Day: Arrive before noon if you can. Carpool if you can, parking is limited.
As of Sunday a.m., the plan is to go ahead with the Mother’s Day concert at Bloemendaal House. (We’ll have sides on the tent in case of rain.) The bouquet activity is moving inside the Visitors Center atrium and the tours and Plein Air painting have been cancelled.