Guided Tours for Your Group
Schedule a guided tour with one of our skilled Garden Guides to give your group special attention and an opportunity to share their “insider’s knowledge” of the Garden. We offer engaging tours on a number of different topics. View a printable version of the Adult Guided Group Tour options.
General guided tour information:
- Average tour length: 1 hour (unless otherwise noted)
- Groups are welcome to visit the rest of the Garden, including special exhibits and the Lora Robins Library after the tour.
- Tours must be scheduled a minimum of two weeks in advance
- Tours are available during regular Garden hours
- The cost is $14 per person (includes guided tour and Garden admission) for groups of 15 or more. Groups with fewer than 15 pay the minimum fee of $210.
- Tours are designed for adult or senior groups
- We provide one Garden Guide for every 15-20 people
- Wear comfortable shoes and dress for the weather. Transportation around the Garden cannot be provided.
- Complimentary admission for tour coordinator and bus driver
- Minimum headcount and payment is due seven business days prior to your visit, with final headcount and payment 2 business days in advance.
- Download a PDF of the Garden Map to view the gardens covered on the From Bicycle Club to Botanical Garden tour.
- Download a PDF of the Garden Map to view the gardens covered on the Central Garden Walk tour.
- Call 804-262-9887 x250 to schedule your tour.
Guided Tour Topics
From Bicycle Club to
Availability: Year Round
Find out how the beauty of today’s botanical garden began in the bicycle craze of the 1890s as you learn about the history of the property. Your experienced Guide will share seasonal highlights and let you see why the Travel Channel calls Lewis Ginter one of the “Best Botanical Gardens in the U.S.” This tour will allow you to see most of the Garden’s 50 landscaped acres!
Availability: Year Round
Designed for groups who wish for a more leisurely tour experience. Explore the Central Garden along flat pathways closest to the Robins Visitor Center. Enjoy the Conservatory displays, the Kroger Community Kitchen Garden, and the Louise Cochrane Rose Garden (during peak season only). Garden Guides can pace the visit to suit your group. Abundant displays from orchids to artwork make this a rewarding visit without extensive walking.
GardenFest of Lights Early Bird Tour
Friday, November 22, 2019 – Monday, January 6, 2020
Knowledgeable Garden Guides lead your private group of 15 – 40 adults in early-evening exploration of GardenFest of Lights. Tours include special behind the scenes details of the region’s most magical light show. Learn how this year’s theme connects nature with flight! As darkness falls, your “early bird” access allows you to see the Garden’s transformation as it glows bright!
Enjoy a delicious meal before or after your tour! View our dining options for groups.View Options
Book Your Adult Guided Tour Today!
Contact the Guest Engagement Specialist at 804-262-9887 x250, email [email protected], or submit the form below.