Enter to Win a Bricks4Kidz private party, LEGO Build Sets, Garden Memberships & More!
Now – Sept. 18, 2016
Build your own home-crafted LEGO® Brick sculpture, based on a STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) theme, and submit it for display during the Nature Connects®: Art with LEGO® Bricks exhibition. You’ll be entered to win great prizes! LEGO brick art will be on display in the Lora M. Robins Library. Three display periods, each limited to 250 entries.
Grand Prize Winner:
Bricks4Kidz private party for 10 at a location of your choosing (not the Garden) including: Free play with a huge lot of LEGO® bricks, a model build based on the party theme, creative LEGO®-based games and activities, child receives Bricks 4 Kidz® T-shirt, guest invitations.
LEGO Ideas Birds set
The LEGO® Movie Emmet Minifigure Alarm Clock
The LEGO® Movie Buildable Watch Toy (2)
LEGO Trifold Wallet
Gently used vintage sets, including: Classic Space Set #6823 Surface Transport, Classic Space Set #6803 Space Patrol, Classic Space raised lunar crater baseplates, gently used & cleaned loose bricks, including animals, trees, and LEGO castle accessories.
Planters, full of plants and made with LEGO bricks
Family Garden Membership (1 per session)
Family 4-pack of Garden passes (2 per session)
Who: Inspired, creative builders of all ages and skill levels.
What: Build an original My Own Creation (MOC) for one of the “Building STEAM” challenges below. LEGO or other building kits built according to company instructions are not eligible. Each builder may only submit one MOC per challenge session. The overall size of the MOC cannot exceed 12 inches long x 12 inches wide x 36 inches tall. MOCs will be most secure if they are attached to a base. Building bricks of any brand are acceptable.
When: During the Nature Connects exhibit, May 27th – September 18th, during Library hours (see hours below).
Where: Build at home, deliver to the Garden for display in the Garden’s Library
Why: Build to show off your great ideas & to enter to win great prizes!
Print your own MOC submission label PDF (See Rules Below)
Library Hours for viewing MOCS:
Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Saturday – Sunday, 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Questions? email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rules & Details
– We only have room for 250 submissions each session. One entry per person, per build session.
– Sculptures must be no larger than 12” wide x 12” tall x 36 tall” — they can be smaller.
– Sculptures will be most secure if mounted on a base.
– Participants can fill out a My Own Creation label when they drop it off.
– Sculptures must be delivered to the Atrium during the dates/times specified below.
– All sculptures must be picked up during the dates/times specified.
– Official LEGO or other brick-building kits, built per directions, are not eligible for submission.
– Any brand of brick systems will be accepted.
– Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden reserves the right to photograph entries for promotional purposes. Photographs become the property of Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden.
– We will do our best to take good care of your MOCs, but Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden is not responsible for lost or damaged sculptures.
– Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden reserves the right to refuse any sculpture if deemed inappropriate.
Drop-offs & Pick-ups will be in the Atrium of the Robins Visitor Center at times listed below.
o Session 1: Drop-off: Sunday, 5/22/16, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m or Monday, 5/23/16, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Prize drawings announced via email: Tuesday, 5/24/16
Pick-up: Friday, 7/1/16, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. or Saturday, 7/2/16, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
o Session 2: Drop-off Friday, 7/1/16, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. or Saturday, 7/2/16, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Prize drawings announced via email: Tuesday, 7/5/16
Pick-up Sunday 8/7/16, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. or Monday 8/8/16, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
o Session 3: Drop-off Sunday, 8/7/16, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. or Monday, 8/8/16, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Prize drawings announced for Session 3 & Grand Prize Winner via email: Tuesday, 8/9/16
Pick-up Sunday, 9/18/16, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. or Monday 9/19/16, 1 p.m.-5 p.m.