Bringing the Garden to You
Beauty blooms on!
Timed tickets are required to visit the Garden. Or, if you are not ready to visit yet you can enjoy these gardening tips, resources, videos with our expert horticulturists, and more. Have a gardening question? Want to see a video of your favorite part of the Garden? We’ll be happy to help! Just send us message on Facebook or email us!
Gardening at Home
- Need gardening gloves or tools? We’ve got those!
- Learn how to make a DIY pallet garden for vegetables.
- Garden design: plan your garden to support wildlife.
- Read about insects & companion planting
- Gardening questions? Email us or ask them on our Gardening in Central Virginia — Questions & Answers Facebook Group.
- On the blog: Use What You Have — Starting Seeds
- Take a class online! View classes and register.
- See our Library Guides Guides for Community Gardening, Pollinators, Seed Saving and more!
- Garden Explorer is a tool that lets you take a closer look at our plant collections.
- The Garden’s searchable blog is a great resource for all things garden, plant and nature-related.
- Learn how much the trees in your yard are worth!
A Virtual Visit
- Beauty blooms on! While you can’t see us in person we’d love you to take a virtual visit!
- Enjoy a garden meditation, stroll among the peonies or enjoy the sounds of nature and see our tulips, or take an audio tour of our top 10 highlights.
- Another great way “see” the Garden is on social media: follow @lewisginter on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Food and Recipes
Spending time in the kitchen? Try these recipes from the Garden Cafe.
Tune in Fridays at 10 a.m. for a virtual storytime with Children’s Educator Tarneshia Evans on Facebook Live.
September 15 to October 15 is National Hispanic Heritage Month, and we are excited to be offering several events for Garden visitors to attend and celebrate throughout September and October. ...