Free Day Entertainment:
Salsa/Bachata music with dance lessons by DJ Stephen Greene in the Kelly Education Center Auditorium, 10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Music by DJ Lonnie B & Kelli Lemon under the Bloemendaal House tent, 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Free admission also includes entrance to the popular Butterflies LIVE! exhibit and Wild Art: A Journey Off-Canvas.
The Horticulture staff have put together some great “drop-in” experiences for you:
- September Garden Highlights: meet at Kelly Education Center, 10a, 11a, 1p, 2p; accompany our horticulturist as he shares some of his favorite plants for the fall garden, including those attractive to pollinators
- Trees Matter: meet at Grow Cart on Rose Garden Terrace 10:30a, 11:30a, 1:30p, 2:30p, 3:30p; join staff for an intro to some of our best trees and learn how trees benefit the environment and our lives
- Fall Vegetable Gardening in the Kroger Community Kitchen Garden: meet at west end of Conservatory, 11a, 1p, 3p; learn about the crops we’ll be growing for fall
- Roses in Richmond: meet at Rose Garden Terrace, on-going throughout the day: join our staff Rosarian for an informal tour of the Cochrane Rose Garden and learn some tips for growing roses in Virginia.
- Meadows in Bloom: meet at Rose Garden Terrace, on-going throughout the day; accompany our meadow specialist for a walk through the Anderson Wildflower Meadow and an intro to some of the many meadow plants blooming now.
- Good Bugs!: On-going throughout the day on the Rose Garden Terrace; join our staff for a demo and discussion of some of the many insects that live in Richmond gardens.
- Home Beekeeping: Kroger Community Kitchen Garden, on-going throughout the day; join our staff as they explain the goings-on at our Apiary.
The Library will be open 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. — a great place to rest and cool off!
Food is available for purchase in the Garden Cafe.
Please note: The line to see Butterflies Live! will close at 3:30 p.m. so that we may get guests through the exhibit by our 5 p.m. closing time.