Free admission all day 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Admission this day is walk-up only. Tickets are not needed. This is a daytime event only; no fireworks. Open RAIN or SHINE.
Celebrate CarMax Free Fourth of July by enjoying the gardens and M&T Bank RESTORE: The Healing Power of Nature. Feel free to wear red, white and blue and bring your decorated wagons and strollers.
MASK POLICY: Fully vaccinated guests do not have to wear a mask indoors or outdoors. Those who are not fully vaccinated are required to wear a mask indoors at all times and outdoors when 6-foot social distancing is not possible.
FOOD: We will have food trucks in the Garden on July 4.
*These are subject to change, but currently scheduled are:
Mobile Yum Yum: tacos, jerk chicken, curry, mango slushies
Westray Ice Cream: artisanal ice cream
Curbside Creations: burgers, fries, tenders, clams
Redemption BBQ: BBQ
Cool Concessions: ice cream bars–Good Humor Truck
Bottled water available for purchase: $1.50
July 4 will be a busy day at the Garden; below are 5 important things you need to know:
1. What to Bring: prepare for a warm day! Bring water bottles & sunscreen; wear comfortable shoes and clothing. Lawn chairs and blankets are allowed. We have water fountains and water bottle refill stations. Free bottled water (compliments of CarMax ) will be available under a tent near the Rose Garden while supplies last. Bottled water will also be available for sale in the Garden Shop.
2. What Not to Bring: Please do not bring outside food into the Garden. We will have multiple food trucks on-site and there are vending machines in the Children’s Garden. Please also do not bring sporting equipment such as Frisbees, bicycles, etc. into the Garden; learn more guidelines for a great visit
3. Parking: Carpool if you can! Parking is limited and once lots are full, the Garden will close gates temporarily. Gates will re-open once space becomes available. We appreciate your patience; our security staff works hard to ensure everyone’s safety. If parking off-site, please be considerate of our neighbors and do not block driveways.
4. There is no WaterPlay, Butterflies LIVE! and live music this year: WaterPlay is offline for the season due to needed maintenance and the Garden did not host the Butterflies LIVE! exhibit this year due to COVID. There is also no live music or parade in the Children’s Garden this year.
5. Plan Your Visit: Here’s more info for planning your Garden visit, including accessibility. We’ll have extra Garden staff and volunteers working July 4, so look for us — we’re here to help!
Photo Release Policy
Photography of visitors, events and activities at Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden for CarMax Free 4th of July are taken for promotional and editorial use to advance the mission of the Garden. Your attendance at this event implies your consent to display and/or publish any photographs in which your image appears.
Guests who do not consent to this policy may opt out of a photo by informing the photographer.
These images become the property of Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden. They may be used in any and all Garden publications and media without limitation or reservation, and are not subject to compensation.