Free admission all day 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Admission this day is walk-up only. This is a daytime event only; no fireworks. Open RAIN or SHINE.
Celebrate Free Fourth of July by enjoying the gardens and feel free to wear red, white and blue and bring your decorated wagons and strollers. The line to Butterflies LIVE! will close at 3:30 p.m. to ensure all visitors in line are able to see the exhibit. Our tropical butterflies love the heat, but for the safety of our guests, staff and volunteers, if temperatures inside the display reach an unsafe level, the exhibit will close and reopen once safe to do so. Consider visiting early in the day to avoid disappointment.
Food for purchase on July 4:
- The Garden Cafe
- Food Trucks: The Grateful Grill (gourmet grilled cheeses) near the Conservatory; Kona Ice at Bloemendaal House
- BBQ under the tent at Bloemendaal House
July 4 will be a busy day at the Garden; below are important things you need to know:
1. What to Bring: prepare for a warm day! Bring water bottles & sunscreen; wear comfortable shoes and clothing. Lawn chairs and blankets are allowed. We have water fountains and water bottle refill stations.
2. What Not to Bring: Please do not bring outside food into the Garden. We have food in the Garden Cafe and there are vending machines in the Children’s Garden. Please also do not bring sporting equipment such as Frisbees, bicycles, etc. into the Garden; learn more guidelines for a great visit
3. Parking: Carpool if you can! Parking is limited and once lots are full, the Garden will close gates temporarily. Gates will re-open once space becomes available. We appreciate your patience; our security staff works hard to ensure everyone’s safety. If parking off-site, please be considerate of our neighbors and do not block driveways.
4. Plan Your Visit: Here’s more info for planning your Garden visit, including accessibility. We’ll have extra Garden staff and volunteers working on July 4, so look for us — we’re here to help! If you’re planning to visit the M&T Butterflies LIVE! exhibit, we suggest coming early and doing that first. The exhibit is popular and a line will form as the day goes on. Reminder: the line to see the butterflies will close at 3:30 p.m. to ensure all those in line will be able to visit the exhibit.
5. Activities: This is a great chance to see the exciting exhibit Incanto: An Oasis of Lyrical Sculpture, as well as M&T Bank Butterflies LIVE! The Garden’s summer displays featuring summer annuals and tropicals are in full colorful bloom. The new Klaus Family Tree House is open for all to enjoy. Waterway in the Children’s Garden will NOT be open. For those looking to cool off, the air-conditioned Library in the Kelly Education Center is available and there will be a misting tent. Special pop-up music on this day will feature vocalist Tae Lilly performing patriotic songs and American favorites near the Conservatory from 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. She will sing the National Anthem at noon.
Photo Release Policy
Photography of visitors, events and activities at Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden for Free 4th of July are taken for promotional and editorial use to advance the mission of the Garden. Your attendance at this event implies your consent to display and/or publish any photographs in which your image appears.
Guests who do not consent to this policy may opt out of a photo by informing the photographer.
These images become the property of Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden. They may be used in any and all Garden publications and media without limitation or reservation, and are not subject to compensation.