Free admission also includes entrance to the popular Butterflies LIVE! exhibition, Nature Connects®: Art with LEGO® Bricks, and The Art of Play.
Music by DJ Lonnie B & Kelli Lemon under the Bloemendaal House tent, 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Yoga & Sound Healing featuring Shanna Praneshwari Latia and Julian Payne, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. in Flagler Garden
The Library will be open 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. — a great place to rest and cool off!
Food is available for purchase in the Garden Cafe.
Kids can bring their suits and a change of clothes to cool off in WaterPlay.
Community Day WILL BE A BUSY DAY AT THE GARDEN;
BELOW ARE 5 IMPORTANT THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- What to Bring: prepare for a warm day! Bring water bottles & sunscreen; wear comfortable shoes and clothing. Lawn chairs and blankets are allowed.
- What Not to Bring: Please do not bring outside food into the Garden. The Garden Cafe will be open with both indoor and outdoor dining and there are vending machines in the Children’s Garden. Please also do not bring sporting equipment such as Frisbees, bicycles, etc. into the Garden; learn more guidelines for a great visit
- Parking: Carpool if you can! Parking is limited and once lots are full, the Garden will close gates temporarily. Gates will re-open once space becomes available. We appreciate your patience; our security staff works hard to ensure everyone’s safety. If parking off-site, please be considerate of our neighbors and do not block driveways.
- WaterPlay: We have sprinklers in WaterPlay, it’s a great way for kids to cool off.
- Plan Your Visit: Many people head to the M&T Bank Butterflies LIVE! exhibit first. Please be aware the Butterflies Live! line will close at 3:30 p.m. so that we may get guests through the exhibit by our 5 p.m. closing time. Here’s more info for planning your Garden visit, including accessibility. We’ll have extra Garden staff and volunteers working, so look for us — we’re here to help!
PHOTO RELEASE POLICY
Photography of visitors, events and activities at Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden for Genworth Free Community Day are taken for promotional and editorial use to advance the mission of the Garden. Your attendance at this event implies your consent to display and/or publish any photographs in which your image appears.
Guests who do not consent to this policy may opt out of a photo by informing the photographer.
These images become the property of Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden. They may be used in any and all Garden publications and media without limitation or reservation, and are not subject to compensation.