MASK POLICY: Fully vaccinated guests do not have to wear a mask indoors or outdoors. Those who are not fully vaccinated are required to wear a mask indoors at all times and outdoors when 6-foot social distancing is not possible.
On Genworth Free Community Day, enjoy gardens and M&T Bank RESTORE: The Healing Power of Nature including the “Flock” and “Refresh” art installations by Cristina Taphouse. Cristina Taphouse is a visual artist and landscape designer that specializes in site-specific, large-scale, interactive public art. She has created two custom pieces for RESTORE, combining new technology and natural materials to create art that utilizes the full scope of the environment. You can also view Artist in Residence Unicia Buster’s Exhibition on display in the Lora Robins Library (the Library is a great place to rest and cool off!) and Artist in Residence Alfonso Pérez Acosta‘s art installation at the base of the Anderson Meadow.
Food is available for purchase in the Garden Cafe.
Community Day WILL BE A RELATIVELY BUSY DAY AT THE GARDEN;
BELOW ARE 5 IMPORTANT THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- What to Bring: prepare for a warm day! Bring water bottles & sunscreen; wear comfortable shoes and clothing. Lawn chairs and blankets are allowed.
- What Not to Bring: Please do not bring outside food into the Garden. The Garden Cafe will be open with both indoor and outdoor dining and there are vending machines in the Children’s Garden. Please also do not bring sporting equipment such as Frisbees, bicycles, etc. into the Garden; learn more guidelines for a great visit
- Parking: Carpool if you can! Parking is limited and once lots are full, the Garden will close gates temporarily. Gates will re-open once space becomes available. We appreciate your patience; our security staff works hard to ensure everyone’s safety. If parking off-site, please be considerate of our neighbors and do not block driveways.
- WaterPlay & Butterflies LIVE! There is no WaterPlay or Butterflies LIVE! exhibition this year: WaterPlay is offline for the season due to needed maintenance and the Garden did not host the Butterflies LIVE! exhibit this year due to COVID. There also will be no DJ or music this year.
- Plan Your Visit: Here’s more info for planning your Garden visit, including accessibility. We’ll have extra Garden staff and volunteers working, so look for us — we’re here to help!
PHOTO RELEASE POLICY
Photography of visitors, events and activities at Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden for Genworth Free Community Day is taken for promotional and editorial use to advance the mission of the Garden. Your attendance at this event implies your consent to display and/or publish any photographs in which your image appears.
Guests who do not consent to this policy may opt out of a photo by informing the photographer.
These images become the property of Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden. They may be used in any and all Garden publications and media without limitation or reservation, and are not subject to compensation.