Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden ranks among the best botanical gardens in North America and has received numerous awards including:
- Voted the fourth “Best Botanical Garden Holiday Lights” by USA Today. (2020)
- Voted the second “Best Botanical Garden Holiday Lights” by USA Today. (2019)
- Voted the fourth “Best Botanical Garden” in the nation by USA Today. (2019)
- Voted one of the 8 most Instagram-worthy gardens in the U.S by Better Homes & Gardens (2019)
- Voted the fourth “Best Botanical Garden Holiday Lights” by USA Today. (2018)
- Voted the fourth “Most Beautiful Botanical Garden in the U.S.” by Condé Nast Traveler. (2017)
- Voted the fourth “Best Botanical Garden” in the nation by USA Today. (2016)
- One of the “top botanical gardens in the U.S. worth traveling for” by TripAdvisor’s FlipKey site. (2016)
- Voted the Second Best Public Garden in North America in the USA Today 10Best Readers’ Choice Awards (2014).
- Selected as a “Top 10 North American Gardens Worth Travelling For” by the Canadian Garden Tourism Council (2013)
- Recognized by the Travel Channel as one of the 12 “Best Botanical Gardens in the U.S.” (2013)
- Received the Institute of Museum and Library Services National Medal, the Nation’s Highest Honor for Museum and Library Service. (2011)
Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden features year-round beauty on a historic property with more than 50 acres of spectacular gardens, dining and shopping. A 63-foot classical domed Conservatory is the only one of its kind in the mid-Atlantic. Visitors can enjoy 15 themed gardens including a Children’s Garden, Rose Garden, Healing Garden, Fountain Garden, Asian Valley, Native Plant Garden and an accessible-to-all treehouse. Favorite annual events at the Garden include special exhibitions, A Million Blooms, the CarMax Free Fourth of July, Genworth Free Community Day, Dominion Energy GardenFest of Lights and more.