Dominion Energy GardenFest of Lights
GardenFest is open from November 22, 2021 – January 9, 2022. Closed Thanksgiving, Dec. 24 & 25. Open nightly 4 – 10 p.m.; Tickets are online only, purchased in advance and have an arrival time.
A favorite tradition featuring lights, decorations, model trains, dinners, hot chocolate (for purchase) & more! En español.
Children under age 3 do not need a ticket.
NEW! When you purchase tickets, look for the FLEX Ticket option. FLEX tickets are an additional $10, however, they allow a one-time transfer of your ticket to another date and/or time. Rebooking is subject to availability. FLEX tickets cannot be used to reschedule on nights that are already sold out. Certain restrictions apply*. Non-FLEX Tickets cannot be transferred and are non-refundable.
- MEMBER TICKETS | Nov. 22-Dec. 16: $7 adults; $5 youth (age 3-17); FLEX Tickets: add $10 per ticket
- MEMBER TICKETS | Dec. 17-Jan. 2: $7 adults; $5 youth (age 3-17); FLEX Tickets: add $10 per ticket
- FREE MEMBER NIGHTS | Jan. 3-9: Free admission for members
- VALUE NIGHTS | Nov. 22-Dec. 16: $14 adults; $8 youth (age 3-12): FLEX Tickets: add $10 per ticket
- PEAK NIGHTS | Dec. 17-Jan. 2: $18 adults; $12 youth (age 3-12): FLEX Tickets: add $10 per ticket
- BONUS NIGHTS | Jan. 3-9: $14 adults; $8 youth (age 3-12); FLEX Tickets: add $10 per ticket
MUSEUMS FOR ALL (SNAP or WIC card shown at check-in)
- MUSEUMS FOR ALL GUESTS | Nov. 22-Dec. 16: $1 adult; $0 youth (age 3-12)
- MUSEUMS FOR ALL GUESTS | Dec. 17-Jan. 2: $5 adult; $0 youth (age 3-12)
- MUSEUMS FOR ALL GUESTS | Jan. 3-9: $1 adult; $0 youth (age 3-12)
Please note: We are using the Eventbrite ticketing system used in previous years and there is a small service fee.
*FLEX TICKET TRANSFER POLICY
- Guests MUST have purchased a FLEX ticket in order to transfer their tickets.
- Same day ticket transfers will only be completed up to 4 p.m.
- All other ticket transfers will be completed within 24 hours.
- Guests will not be refunded the difference if they select a lower-priced ticket.
- Guests switching from a VALUE/BONUS night to a PEAK night will be required to pay the difference for upgrading to a FLEX PEAK ticket. (ie: Guests cannot switch from a FLEX VALUE/BONUS NIGHT ADULT ticket to a PEAK GENERAL ADULT ticket.)
We are encouraging universal indoor masking while in public spaces for all regardless of vaccination status. For those who are not fully vaccinated, masks are required indoors at all times and outdoors when 6-foot social distancing is not possible.
Become a Member for the Best Value
Enjoy free admission on Member Nights! Receive special discounted pricing on all other nights.
2021-2022 Theme: Naturally Connected
Lights & Displays
- Millions of lights line garden paths and twinkle in trees under the night sky. Check back for more info on this year’s theme! Dominion Energy GardenFest of Lights is designed so you and your loved ones and friends can relax, have fun and make special memories in a magical outdoor setting.
- NEW this year! Community-created Poems of Positivity light installation from Orlosky Studio.
- Look for a spiderweb maze, see the lifecycle of a butterfly in lights, flowers made of lights, and of course, old favorites like the peacock.
- Trains in the Kelly Education Center are back! This year’s theme is “Farm to Table.”
- Look for a live, cut 25-foot-tree in the Conservatory this year! You will be able to smell the fresh scent of pine in the North Wing.
- Look for a botanical tree in the Lora Robins Library and trees decorated by Henrico County Public School children in the Kelly Education Center hallway.
- Meet your friends and family at the Pedestrian Plaza in Parking Lot B – a gathering space for guests waiting for their parties to arrive. Enjoy seating and outdoor heaters as you wait.
- Cozy Library with Reading Room and gas fireplace.
- Food available for purchase in the Garden Cafe and great shopping in the Garden Shop.
- The Kelleher Warming Fire is back this year! Take a break for some hot cocoa and s’mores (for purchase) around the fire in the Children’s Garden.
Planning Your Visit
- Don’t miss a light! Check back for this year’s GardenFest Map (JPG).
- Check back for dining options! View info on helpful tips for planning your visit, parking, & more.
- Check back for info on hot chocolate, coffee and sweets.
- GardenFest is a “rain or shine” event. The show continues even through heavy rain and cold temperatures. The Garden is closed only for severe weather. Any closure notices would be posted to the homepage (lewisginter.org) and on social media.
DINING & SHOPPING