Dominion Energy GardenFest of Lights
GardenFest is open from November 21, 2022 – January 8, 2023. Closed Thanksgiving, Dec. 24 & 25. Open nightly 4 – 10 p.m. Advance tickets are REQUIRED and are available online only (no walk-ups). Tickets are limited and have timed arrivals. Popular times sell out quickly. A favorite tradition featuring lights, decorations, model trains, dinners, hot chocolate (for purchase) & more! En español.
Members can visit any of the remaining nights for FREE! Consider joining as a Garden member for greater availability.
Children under age 3 do not need a ticket.
Advance tickets are REQUIRED and are available online only (no walk-ups). Tickets are limited and have timed arrivals. Popular times sell out quickly. For pricing info click through to the type of ticket you want. Scroll down for a video on how to purchase tickets.
Lights & Displays
- Millions of lights line garden paths and twinkle in trees under the night sky. Dominion Energy GardenFest of Lights is a walk-through experience designed so you and your loved ones and friends can relax, have fun and make special memories in a magical outdoor setting. See the map for GardenFest (jpeg).
Check back for what’s NEW THIS YEAR
FAMILIAR FAVORITES RETURN
- A 25-foot-tall, cut, live tree in the Conservatory. Decked out in a botanical theme, this tree promises to be a favorite photo opportunity.
- Model trains return to the Kelly Education Center
- Trees decorated by Henrico County Public Schools students brighten the Lora Robins Library; botanical decorations also grace the cozy Library Reading Room.
- The Kelleher Warming Fire in the Children’s Garden is a great spot to warm up, drink hot chocolate, and roast s’mores (available for purchase at the nearby Carriage House).
Food & Drink
- Garden Cafe: offers casual dining, snacks, drinks and more; in the Visitors Center.
- Espresso-A-Go-Go: hot drinks, s’mores kits, and snacks available for purchase in the Children’s Garden Carriage House (near the Kelleher Warming Fire).
- Jingle Bar: on select nights only (subject to weather); in the Cochrane Rose Garden.
- The Garden Shop in the Visitors Center is known for its outstanding, high-quality merchandise. A great place for all your gift-giving needs!
Know Before You Go!
- These GardenFest FAQs provide helpful info and tips for planning your visit, parking and more.
- For the safety of all, we have prepared an outdoor “Pedestrian Plaza” as a gathering space for guests waiting for their parties to arrive. Look for this space in Parking Lot B near the entrance to the Visitors Center. If you arrive before the time on your ticket and/or you are meeting up with others, please enjoy the seating and outdoor heaters as you wait.