Plan an Evening Escape
Friday Nights in August and September
Aug. 7, 14, 21, 28, September 4, 11, 18, 25
Escape to a garden paradise on Friday nights in August and September. Bring your friends or bring a date! Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden has more than 50 acres of fresh air, fragrant blooms and cool evening breezes—perfect for a special Friday night out.
Food and drink are available for purchase online. Outside food is not allowed to be brought into the Garden. *Please note: if you want food at this event, it is ordered online. Order before you arrive and choose your convenient pick-up time at the Tea House. If ordering online from the Garden, please allow at least 20 minutes for preparation.
Please read our information carefully as we have made changes with your safety as the top priority. Be sure to read Planning Your Visit so you’ll be aware of our safety protocols (masks required inside, strongly suggested outside).
Order food online to eat in the Garden.
FRIDAYS ALFRESCO DATE NIGHT
While anyone can enjoy the extended hours on Friday night, Fridays Alfresco is designed to be a relaxing evening for couples or friends to spend time together while socially distanced from others in the Garden. There are some small rental events in the Garden on several evenings, so not all Garden areas will be available to guests every Friday night.
- Tickets are online only (no walk-ups), limited and have a timed arrival.
- Purchase Fridays Alfresco tickets here.
- Members, there is an admission charge for you with this new event, Fridays Alfresco. You will need to scan your membership card when you come as proof of membership. (Please remember that Flowers After 5 on Thursday nights remains free for members.)
- The event is rain or shine; no refunds. In cases of hazardous weather, the event would be cancelled. The call to cancel would be made by noon on the day of the event.
- Cost is $14 adults; $11 senior citizens (65+); $8 children age 3-12; free for children under 3; $7 for members and $5 for youth on a membership. (Become a member now to get the member rate).
FOOD AND DRINK
- Food and drinks (including wine and beer) are available for purchase online.
- Guests are encouraged to bring their own lawn chairs and blankets.
- Outside food is not allowed to be brought into the Garden.
- Find your very own special spot in the Garden, dine alfresco, and share a bottle of wine while you watch the sun set and fireflies glow.
Included in Fridays Alfresco admission is the brand-new, nationally traveling exhibit M&T Bank: Wind, Waves and Light, featuring large-scale, stainless steel kinetic sculptures that move and change with the wind.