Purchase Tickets Online
GardenFest for Fidos
Dogs can enjoy the holiday lights at GardenFest for Fidos! Leashed dogs are allowed on these select Dominion Energy GardenFest of Lights nights: Tuesday, November 24, and Thursday, December 3, 2020. Please read our rules and guidelines for visiting Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden with dogs.
Regular Garden admission; $2 suggested “pet admission” benefiting the Richmond SPCA. All dogs must be leashed and current on a rabies vaccinations. Please Note: We welcome dogs in the Robins Visitor Center and Conservatory, but ask that they not enter the Kelly Education Center building.
Please be aware this can be a stressful event for some dogs. It is at night and there can be a lot of people, especially children, and other dogs in close proximity. Families planning to attend on this night should monitor children closely.
Dining & Dogs
Visitors with dogs can eat in the dining area of the Garden Cafe. Dogs are not allowed in the servery (the tiled area where the registers and salad bar are). Owners with dogs can also sit at the outdoor tables at the Robins Tea House if weather permits.
BEFORE YOU COME WITH YOUR DOG
Before attending GardenFest for Fidos with your dog, it’s important to understand what your dog tolerates and will enjoy. Ask yourself:
o How does my dog handle being in a new environment?
o How does my dog react to close proximity to unfamiliar people and dogs of various sizes?
· All dogs must have a current rabies vaccine.
· Retractable leashes are not permitted. Flat leashes will be available to borrow from the Richmond SPCA’s table in the Robins Visitor Center.
WHILE YOU ARE HERE WITH YOUR DOG
· An adult must maintain control of the dog’s leash at all times.
· Please ask before approaching or allowing your dog to approach an unfamiliar dog.
· All dogs must be well-behaved; the Garden reserves the right to determine whether an owner and pet may be asked to leave, based on guest safety.
Please Note: We welcome dogs in the Robins Visitor Center and Conservatory, but ask that they not enter the Kelly Education Center building.
Leashed dogs allowed on GardenFest for Fidos nights only.