8 Tips for Visiting Dominion Energy GardenFest of Lights
This year’s Dominion Energy GardenFest of Lights, A Legacy in Lights: 120 Years from Bicycle Club to Botanical Garden has been one of our most popular. With that in mind, and as our busiest time approaches we wanted to give you some tips for a great GardenFest visit. The closer we get to Christmas, the busier GardenFest can be, especially on weekends, but with a little planning, we hope you’ll have your best visit yet.
• Arrive early (4:30 p.m.) or later (after 8:30 p.m.) to avoid peak times (5:30–8:30 p.m.). Sunset is a magical time to see the Garden during GardenFest.
• Carpool when possible.
• Purchase tickets in advance at the Admissions Desk in the Robins Visitor Center (daily, 9 a.m. –10 p.m. during GardenFest) or order them online.
• Consider visiting on a weeknight, Friday and Saturday nights tend to be busier.
• Dress in layers since GardenFest encompasses both outdoor and indoor elements.
• If gates are closed due to full parking lots, check back in 30 minutes.
• Plan on multiple visits to fully enjoy the various exhibits and activities.
• Check the Garden Cafe Specials and plan to dine with us, or stay for a treat in one of our two restaurants. If planning to dine at the Robins Tea House, reservations are helpful. The full menu is served 5-8 p.m. and light bites, and dessert (oh my gosh — Hazelnut Butter Cake topped with a sea salt caramel sauce!!) are served 8-9 p.m. Call (804) 262-9887, x 399 for reservations.