November 22, 2019 – January 6, 2020 (Closed Thanksgiving, Dec. 24 & 25)
A holiday tradition featuring one million twinkling lights, hand-crafted botanical decorations, model trains, holiday dinners, family activities and more. Visit often to fully experience GardenFest — the region’s ultimate holiday extravaganza! Go for the glow of more than a million lights and make warm memories of time spent with family and friends.
Great shopping, dining, tours & more!
GardenFest of Lights is a “rain or shine” event and is only closed for extreme inclement weather.
Dominion Energy GardenFest of Lights Illumination Weekend — Experience “Magic in the Air” November 22-23, 2019. Enjoy live music, family fun crafts, and other activities that will make your imagination soar, all weekend long!
Free Member Nights – November 22-30, 2019 and January 1-6, 2020
Plus, select Member Nights feature informal guided tours of our historic Bloemendaal House, with Victorian-style and botanical decorations, from 5 – 8:30 p.m. Plus enjoy live music on select nights at Bloemendaal House from 6 – 7:30 p.m.
Holiday Music on Select Nights
Friday, Nov. 22, 2019: VCU Vox Concordia
Tuesday, Nov. 26, 2019: City Singers Youth Choirs
Friday, Nov 29, 2019: 380th Army Band Woodwind Quintet “Dogwood Wind Quintet”
Saturday, Nov. 30, 2019: 380th Army Band Woodwind Quintet “Dogwood Wind Quintet”
Monday, Jan. 6, 2020: James River Harp Ensemble
GardenFest for Fidos — Thursday, December 5, 2019, and Thursday, Jan. 2, 2020.
New in 2019! GardenFest EarlyBird Tours — December 4-5 & 11-12. Pre-registration required.
New Year’s Eve Family Frolic
December 31, 2019
EVERY WEEK THROUGHOUT GARDENFEST:
5 – 8 p.m.
Location: Library Reading Room; Santa “sightings” in the Conservatory on Mondays through Dec. 23. Storytime fireside with the Garden Keeper.
Caroling Tuesdays “Four in the Morning” strolls the Garden with musical medleys.
6 – 7:30 p.m.
Location: Throughout the Garden
On Crafty Wednesdays families can participate in interactive art-making, creating projects based on displays from this year’s theme. 5-8 p.m. in the Kelly Education Center, Classroom 1 (across from the TowneBank Holiday Trains).
6 p.m. & 7:30 p.m.
Location: Lora Robins Library
Acoustic musicians perform festive entertainment. Learn more.
Come toast s’mores (for purchase) and warm up at the Kelleher HVAC Warming Fire.
25 – 99 tickets $1 off per adult ticket
100+ tickets $2 off per adult ticket
- Adult tickets only (all other tickets are already considered discounted)
- Not tied to a specific date
- All tickets do not have to be used at the same time
- Purchased in one transaction with a single payment; cash or credit card only; no refunds
- In-person or by phone (804) 262-9887 ext. 300 using a credit card starting Nov. 2
- Pre-registered groups of 25 or more adults
- Group rates of $11 per person available on adult tickets only
- Good on a specific date only
- All members of the group visiting at the same time
- Contact [email protected] or 804-262-9887 x320 to schedule your self-guided group visit
- Groups looking for a guided visit to GardenFest can explore our Early Bird Tour options for groups of 15 or more to view Lewis Ginter lights ($14 per person — admission included)
- Richmond Times-Dispatch Press Pass; Buy One, Get One Free admission on select Sundays
Publishes on Thursdays in the Weekend Section; coupon must be presented at the Garden’s Visitors Center for the discount, no photocopies accepted, no other discounts apply, one free admission per coupon. Visit our Discounts page for more information.
- Richmond Valpak Coupon; $3 off one GardenFest ticket
Valpak is mailed to Richmond-area residences; offer valid with coupon only. One coupon per person. May not be combined with other discounts including member discount. No photocopies accepted. Visit our Discounts page for more information.
GardenFest runs November 22, 2019 – January 6, 2020 (Closed Thanksgiving, Dec. 24 & 25)